In addition to diverse input methods, powerful conversational AI also offers a variety of applications. For instance, a chatbot uses Conversational AI to:
- support customer service
- assist with service bookings
- provide files and documents on an intranet and a website.
This flexibility is one of the most significant advantages of technology.
How does conversational AI work?
Conversational AI relies on natural language processing (NLP) and machine learning like any chatbot. NLP describes the ability of computers to process text and language. It belongs to the field of computational linguistics. NLP is usually combined with machine learning or deep learning models. It allows artificial intelligence to identify words in their context, define intentions and respond in a way that people understand. Four processes are distinguished:
- A person makes contact with a computer using text or language. It is done, for instance, through a website, app, or smart home device.
- After entering, the AI uses Natural Language Understanding (NLU) to define the meaning. NLU includes grammar to analyze not only individual words but entire sentences perfectly. For language inputs, automatic language expansion is used in addition to NLU.
- The answer is usually formed by the Natural Language Generation (NLG). NLG is a subcategory of NLP which converts computer information into natural language.
- In the background, machine solutions parse the slide history and use the data for future conversations. It is called machine learning.
What problems does Conversational AI solve?
- Long queues;
- complicated email histories;
- late replies;
- unhappy customers.
And all through a quick and easy solution which is available to customers 24/7.
Benefits of a chatbot with conversational AI
The significant advantages of AI are:
- The most significant benefit of conversational AI chatbots is how easy they are to use. You had to choose between high-quality artificial intelligence and usability in the past. Thanks to advanced NLU technology, the chatbot understands user input. The chatbot responds to keywords, fully formulated questions, and voice input, thus achieving a hit rate. The higher the response rate, the faster the return on investment is achieved.
- Another benefit is an outstanding customer experience, which results in higher conversion rates. Unlike a standard chatbot, a conversational AI bot does more than provide information. The chatbot offers files such as contracts or download instructions, assists with orders, and responds to inquiries individually. In this way, competent service is always available, and customers and employees receive the correct answer in seconds.
The specialized department also benefits from this. The employees find documents faster and get rid of repetitive requests. At the same time, service times are reduced and thus additionally free up the employees.
The most crucial function of Conversational AI is: In the best-case scenario, customers do not notice they are not talking to a natural person. The AI in the background understands precisely what the customer’s concern is through a prior definition and can thus find a suitable answer. It doesn’t matter whether the customer sends a standard question, a counter-question, or a link.
Conversational AI is no longer limited to tech giants. In all industries, business, mid-sized companies, and even startups are using:
- automatic speech recognition technology;
- virtual assistants to enhance the lives of customers and employees.
In addition to presenting products and answering sales questions, AI can also make other customer service tasks faster and easier.